Journal Entry: April 25, 2026 Location: City of Lara / The Fjord Title: Professional Standards and Personal Resilience
Today was spent balancing the ongoing administrative needs of the Academy with the social realities of our environment. I have been focusing on the details of my office and the Academy's instructional space, ensuring that both are functional and reflect the professionalism I intend to maintain. There is a quiet satisfaction in these tasks; organizing a room, cataloging records, and setting clear expectations for my students provides a needed sense of order. It is a sharp contrast to the more volatile interactions that sometimes characterize life in these cities.
I have spent some time considering the future of the College. While Abraham’s departure was sudden, I am determined to ensure that his vision for the institution persists. We have been discussing potential updates to our facilities, and I am finding that being directly involved in the physical organization of the school allows me to imprint a standard of quality that I feel is often lacking elsewhere. I want the Academy to be a place of clarity and rigor, regardless of the distractions that seem to follow us from sim to sim.
The social dynamics remain complex. It is becoming increasingly evident that while many places claim to adhere to the traditional Gorean ways, the reality is often quite different. There is a degree of frustration in witnessing standards being compromised, but I have found that sticking to my own path and focusing on the Academy’s core values is the most effective way to handle such irritations. I have had good support from those around me, and I am learning to appreciate the value of our own small circle. It is far better to be surrounded by a few who understand the gravity of our roles than to seek validation from a larger, indifferent crowd.
To Do:
Finalize the brochure for the College, incorporating the updated facility details and the new scheduling request process.
Continue monitoring the Academy archives to ensure all documentation is properly linked.
Prepare for the upcoming week’s lecture; I am committed to maintaining a high level of academic quality.
Tend to the begonias; their steady growth is a grounding presence in my daily routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment