Journal Entry: August 10, 2026
Location: Turmus, Nile River
Title: A Quiet Monday in Turmus
I arrived in Turmus shortly after eight-twenty in the morning. It was a quiet visit, giving me an opportunity to check the educational calendar and confirm the lessons scheduled for the coming days.
Tomorrow’s subject will be “The High Council and the Council of High Castes,” taught at noon and again at four in the afternoon. Thursday’s lessons will cover “Salt, Silk, Spice, and Steel: The Goods of Gorean Trade.” On Saturday morning, I will teach “Bowing, Kneeling, and Other Gestures of Respect.”
The calendar also showed “Administrator and Ubar: Civil Rule and the Rule of War” for the following Tuesday, with “The Slave Market: Inspection, Bidding, and Sale” scheduled later that week.
I returned to Turmus shortly before five in the afternoon. The city was more active by then, although I did not participate in any formal gathering. A noisy scene involving Jayce could be heard nearby. Cross urged him to be louder, while Nerine challenged him to beg more convincingly. I remained apart from the activity and simply listened to the commotion.
There were no classes, meetings, or official duties recorded today. It was chiefly a day for checking the schedule and preparing for the week ahead. With two presentations of the High Council lesson planned for tomorrow, the quiet time was useful.
No comments:
Post a Comment