Thursday, October 1, 2026

A Home Made Cozy, Lessons on Klima, and Affairs of Turmus

I began the morning speaking with Odette Atheria. She offered my usual black wine, though the price of fifty copper still surprised me. We talked about the difference in prices, and she told me that Lady Ella owned the High Tide, the Low Tide, Herlit’s Scrolls, and the vegetable cart. I had not realized she had so many businesses.

Later, I met Kaellaed Rhode at his home to help arrange the furnishings we had discussed. Brianna Malone (ayiranayo) joined us. We worked through the pieces one at a time, placing rugs, furniture, and a statue. Some things needed changing once we saw them in the rooms. The couch took up too much space, and the chair I had first chosen was part of a larger set, so we found another. The first statue was not as white as I had hoped, and we replaced it with a white marble figure.

By the time we finished, the rooms looked comfortable and balanced. Kaellaed described his home as cozy and “scriberly,” which pleased me. When he thanked us, I told him that he had a home now. It was satisfying to see everything come together.

Afterward, I spoke with Aries Marchese (d3athmak3r3), AHOC and Magistrate, and Dexter Winters (sytheking1) near the Slave House. They told me about the dispute involving the slave boy Tyrus Kael (marklewis24). Lady Zaina of the Oasis of Nine Wells had claimed him, but the papers she presented were being questioned. Aries explained that the proof of purchase was unsealed and that no registration had been provided.

I looked over the scroll and noticed a concern with its date, as I had already seen the boy in Turmus that morning. I pointed this out. Dexter explained that Selia (violet325), Ubara, had ordered a five-day hold. Cassian Leoric (corinthofgor), Slaver, took the boy to seek a physician’s examination. This was a matter for the Magistrates to resolve, and it offered Dexter, who was studying to become an Advocate, a practical lesson in the importance of proper documents and seals.

Jena Karliath (imthechosenone81) came to ask for a private conversation with a Magistrate. Aries accompanied her into her shop. While he was occupied, July Foxglove asked where her Master was, and I told her to wait outside. When Aries returned, he indicated that the matter involved poisoning and gave July a note to deliver to the Commander.

At noon, I taught the lesson on the Salt Mines of Klima at the Educational Hall. Carola Aromata Titus (charlottefrees) and Orion Pastorelli attended. We followed the salt trade from the pits through storage, carrying, tallying, and caravans to the market, discussing the labor and guarded water behind that trade.

Carola contributed information about the red salt of Kasra and rare yellow salt. She said the lesson would help her when selling salt in her shop, and Orion thanked me for the class. I also gave Carola the lesson titles so she could identify those she had missed. She offered to show me the paga tavern, but I had other things to attend to and left that visit for another time.

Brianna was the only person present for the afternoon class. I gave the lesson for her, and afterward she said she had learned new things about the salt mines. Even with only one student, it was good to hear that the lesson had been useful.

Later, Brianna and I spoke about whether she wished to remain in Turmus. She did not want to stay, and I decided it would be best to end the rental early. I returned her to House Lupus Lacum and spoke with Aиgєl Wօʟʄɛ (keisha.bachman). I explained that Brianna’s behavior had been fine; she was simply unhappy here. I was not angry with her, though I was disappointed that the arrangement had not worked out.

Near the city Slave House, I joined Aries, Bluesaint (bluesaint), and later Cassian while the girls swept the gathering square. There were enough brooms moving to make quite a scene, with teasing and dust rising around us. I reminded them that sweeping the same spot repeatedly would not clean the whole area. Before long, the corner looked much better.

I told Aries about returning Brianna and said that the other girl seemed eager. I was considering naming her Ink when she was fully mine. Aries caught the little joke at once—Ink could fetch my ink—and that brought a smile to my face.

After wishing Aries a good rest, I returned home. Kaellaed came by later, and we spoke briefly about my hope of having a girl to help me. It had been a full day of teaching, helping, and watching the affairs of Turmus unfold.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

To-Do List

  • Visit Carola Aromata Titus (charlottefrees) to see her salts and tour the paga tavern.
  • Follow up with Aиgєl Wօʟʄɛ (keisha.bachman) about finding another suitable girl.
  • Decide whether to name the remaining girl Ink once she is fully yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment