Journal Entry: August 3, 2026
Location: Olni / Olni Var / Nile River / Summer Sun / Shades of Turmus
Title: A Day of Visits, Merchants, and New Beginnings
Logged in very early and made my usual rounds through Summer Sun, Olni Var, and Nile River. While in Nile River, I spoke briefly with Laela, who asked whether I knew Magistrate Marcus. She explained that she had spoken with him in the park and wondered whether she might someday assist him with Scribe work if the city became busier. She then continued on to check her Master’s mail.
Later that morning, I visited Carola while she worked on arranging her new open-air merchant booth. We discussed possible locations for her price list while preserving the open appearance she wanted. Carola had chosen the location because it offered additional space, was close to the Merchant Hall and safe rooms, and would help keep the merchant pavilions occupied and visible. She hopes that other merchants will eventually join her there.
Carola also mentioned that Ramius’s companion had requested Teriotrope-scented soap, which she hopes to make if she can locate the proper scent. She noted that Turmus still needs an active merchant to operate a tea house and asked whether I knew anyone who might be interested. Unfortunately, most of the merchants I once knew have either left or settled in Telnus.
During the visit, Carola briefly believed that one of her bowls of spices had gone missing while her supplies were being moved. She prepared another dish, intending to have the paving stones swept in case the missing spices had spilled, but soon found everything and declared that her world was right again.
I returned later in the day and joined Carola in Shades of Turmus, where she showed me the home she was still decorating. We looked over the rooms, balcony, windows, and furnishings while she considered adding curtains. Afterwards, I traveled back through Nile River and Olni, checking the regions and making my usual rounds before settling in for the evening.
To Do:
- Watch for an active merchant who may be interested in operating the Turmus tea house.
- Check with Carola about the completion of her merchant booth and price list.
- Ask whether she was able to locate the Teriotrope scent needed for the requested soap.
No comments:
Post a Comment