Journal Entry: August 7, 2026
Location: Olni / Nile River / Summer Sun
Title: A Home Furnished and a Case Awaiting Judgment
I began the morning in Olni before traveling to Turmus to work on Kaellaed Rhode’s new home. He had fifty prims available, with ten already in use, so I planned the rooms carefully and created custom walls that could provide the appearance of a fully furnished home without using too many prims. By the time I finished, he had a living area, a study, a bedroom, and even a family picture upon the bedroom wall. The completed home used forty prims, leaving ten available for anything he might later wish to add.
Kael was surprised and very pleased when he saw it. He said the home felt perfect and cozy and that its appearance made him feel respected. I wanted it to suit his position and, more importantly, to give him a comfortable place where he could receive visitors. I asked him to look over the walls carefully and let me know if he wanted anything changed or if he wanted weapons displayed. He seemed amazed that so much had been fitted into the limited space.
Later, Lacey visited me in Turmus. We spoke about old conflicts involving Turmus, Cos, the Silver Blades, and Olni, as well as the shortage of active Warriors now available to defend either city. We also discussed how quiet Gor becomes during the summer. Lacey said that most people return between December and April. She also told me that, because the Fjord was no longer being used, she had advised that it be released rather than continuing to spend approximately $150 each month upon it.
During the afternoon, I showed Kael’s completed home to Carola. She thought it was cozy, well arranged for a Scribe, and an excellent use of only forty prims. She also liked the custom wall textures. Afterward, she showed me the curtains she had made for her own home. They were double-sided, with one side made translucent, and looked very nice. We discussed what might be placed upon her bedroom wall. She wanted the bedroom to remain separate from her spice shop and Merchant work, so a drying rack for herbs was firmly rejected. A peaceful painting seemed more appropriate.
Carola mentioned wanting a landscape showing the three moons above Turmus. I used Arbor to create both nighttime and daytime pictures of Turmus for her. The daylight version was especially suitable for a painting once cropped. After correcting the permissions, I gave the pictures to her, and she said she would enjoy them.
At the Olni Warrior Hall later that afternoon, I quietly observed as Lady Huntsy spoke for Berick Gothly and accepted responsibility for his conduct within Olni. Captain Falconer accepted her word and ordered Berick released. Huntsy offered to arrange a room for him at the Inn and expressed the hope that he might eventually make Olni his home. Berick said that he would not allow her to pay his legal obligations and would meet them himself.
The afternoon then took an unfortunate turn in Turmus. A restart or rollback was requested, and Kael’s newly furnished home could not safely be restored until it was completed. I had picked up the house and its contents together to protect the work, expecting the restart to occur quickly. Instead, we were told that it might take as long as twenty-four hours. When Kael and I returned later, portions of the area—including the building and Library—were still missing. Rather than remain amid the disruption, we went to the Olni Inn for tea and company.
At the Inn, I met Mersadie, a traveling musician who journeys from city to city and tavern to tavern playing her music. Falconer, Panner, and Panner’s slave Dezora were also present. Kael joined us briefly. During the conversation, I explained that Kael and I had been companions many years ago and that he had given me my first position as a Magistrate, even before I became a Scribe.
Falconer then informed me that there was a case requiring my attention. Berick had drawn steel during an argument with Dain at the Inn the previous night. He was downed, jailed overnight, and released upon Huntsy’s word. Falconer had already prepared a written report and informed Ubar Jarek. Panner had witnessed the incident and provided further details. I accepted the scroll and will begin examining the matter tomorrow.
To Do:
- Wait for confirmation that the Turmus restart or rollback is complete, then restore Kael’s home.
- Review Falconer’s report and begin the legal inquiry concerning Berick, Dain, and the drawn weapon at the Olni Inn.
- Confirm the names of all participants and witnesses and determine whether any additional statements or evidence are required.
- Check upon Panner’s arm and make certain that no injury from the incident requires further attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment