Saturday, September 5, 2026

September 5, 2026 — Turmus

I am still recovering from the surgery and spent much of today resting and sleeping. I am finding that I am weaker than I expected to be. I managed to get into Turmus for a little while this evening, although I was feeling rather shaky and weak. Aries noticed and encouraged me to sit down and conserve my strength. Even my voice seemed weak tonight, and I had trouble getting anyone's attention for service.

Aries finally called Aysha over for me, and I asked her for warm tea with lemon. It was exactly the sort of quiet comfort I wanted. We talked for a little while, including about my wish to someday find a suitable girl of my own. Aysha offered to keep her eyes open for someone who might suit me and, more importantly right now, offered to help me while I am recovering from surgery.

Later, Aries and I went to look at Odette's new Tea Room. It is coming along nicely, and I teased that my favorite place was already the corner of the couch. Odette reminded me that I had even made her put up a wall there for me! We talked about the Tea Room becoming a comfortable place where the Free Women could gather, particularly when Tavern Night becomes a little too lively for our tastes.

I did not stay as active as I normally would, but I am glad I made the effort to get out for a little while. Right now even a simple evening of conversation, a comfortable place to sit, and a warm cup of tea feels like an accomplishment. Recovery is apparently going to require more patience than I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment