Friday, October 2, 2026

Black Wine, New Faces, and Matters for the Magistrate

Locations: Odette Atheria’s Tea Room and swing; Turmus Magistrate Office; city kennel and Inn; city paths and entrance; my home and patio.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Journal Entry

I began the morning with black wine and pleasant company at Odette Atheria’s Tea Room. I met Gharsaney Khan (gharsaneykhan), a traveler from Lara, and invited him to join me on the swing. We spoke about his travels, my teaching, and the new people settling in Turmus. His compliments left me a little flustered, but he had a calm manner, and I enjoyed the conversation.

Odette brought fresh cinnamon bread from the bakery and made another cup of black wine for me, knowing my preference for extra cream and just a little sugar. After Khan left for a meeting at the palace, we wondered whether he might settle here. Odette also told me how she had gathered the Tea Room’s furniture during her travels with her Companion.

Kaellaed Rhode joined us and said he had slept comfortably in his newly furnished home. It pleased me to hear that the bed and furnishings suited him. Caspor Blackwood (garam.viper), another wanderer, stopped in, and Laela (legion40) took over serving while Odette attended to errands. Kaellaed and Laela discussed seeking Marcus Galbreus’s permission for her to accompany him on ambassadorial journeys. I had no classes that day, so my attention would be on the Legal Clerk work.

At the Magistrate Office, I spoke with Dexter Winters (sytheking1) about the things needed to help me do my job well. A bell would allow people to call for assistance when I was elsewhere in the city. I hoped to be a first point of contact, helping with paperwork and the Magistrates’ needs while continuing to teach.

Dexter explained that he was studying to become an Advocate, with Magistrate as his goal, and had been shadowing Aries Marchese (d3athmak3r3), AHOC and Magistrate. I asked him to keep me informed about his studies. Angel Ely came to my side while we talked. I am renting her, and so far she seems eager and willing. I told Dexter that I hoped to keep her.

Jasmin (britt.cinderflame), a merchant from Shendi, introduced herself and asked about doing business in Turmus. I directed her to Carola Aromata Titus (charlottefrees), who could tell her more about the city’s needs, and explained where to find her shop.

When Kelli Gяєyℳooη:-Rizzo (kellygr5), HOC and Head Magistrate, arrived, we discussed the disputed ownership of Tyrus Kael (marklewis24). Kelli explained that the missing seals raised concern about the papers, though they might still be valid. He would handle the matter and wanted to speak personally with the woman claiming the boy before she could take possession. I made a note to inform the other Magistrates and the slavers.

I also showed Kelli the replacement desk and asked about the small desk I had placed in the entry. He said the desks were fine, though I was left uncertain about whether he intended me to use the little desk. I requested a bell for the office and later worked on the bell and message settings.

During the morning, I met Elena (elaine.jewell) and her girl, Alissa (alissamerz33). Elena was looking for a new home and needed directions. I guided them to the city kennel and the Inn, explaining that the city usually becomes busier as the day goes on. Later, I introduced myself to Tom Valencia (tom.leeder), a Warrior. We spoke briefly about teaching, and I explained that I wished to pass on what I had learned. I left him to his duties.

Kaellaed visited my home that evening. He said that seeing me had become a comforting part of his mornings and evenings, and I told him I liked having him come around. We talked about his apartment, his ambassador’s office, possible travel, and my hope that things would work out with Angel. We also spoke of the twins and how difficult it can be to find grown children.

It was a quieter end to a busy day. Just before Kaellaed left, I remembered that I had not finished a note I meant to send. There is still plenty to organize, but I am glad to have useful work and a place here in Turmus.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Meeting Summaries

Office discussion with Kelli Gяєyℳooη:-Rizzo (kellygr5), HOC and Head Magistrate — approximately 8:00–8:35 a.m. SLT

  • Tyrus Kael (marklewis24) remains on the five-day hold ordered by Selia (violet325), Ubara.
  • Kelli will handle the ownership claim. The claimant must speak with him before taking possession.
  • Missing seals raise questions about authenticity; Kelli did not declare the papers conclusively invalid.
  • I was asked to inform the slavers and noted that I would also share the direction with the other Magistrates.
  • Kelli handles Merchant Magistrate matters during Ramius’s absence.
  • The desks were discussed, and I requested an office bell. The small entry desk arrangement still needs clarification.

Discussion with Dexter Winters (sytheking1) — approximately 7:03–8:00 a.m. SLT

  • Dexter is studying to become an Advocate and hopes to become a Magistrate.
  • He is learning practical procedure by shadowing Aries Marchese (d3athmak3r3).
  • I offered support and asked him to keep me informed about his progress.
  • We discussed my role, office needs, and availability as a first point of contact.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

To Dos / Follow-up

  • Finish and send the note I remembered that evening; the log does not identify its subject.
  • Confirm that the Magistrates and slavers have received Kelli’s directions about Kael. The follow-up notice was prepared separately on October 2.
  • Clarify whether I should keep the small entry desk or use an existing office desk.
  • Verify that the office bell and message settings work and reach the intended people.
  • Complete my office needs list, obtain the necessary access, and organize the records and forms.
  • Work on the Legal Clerk price list.
  • Keep in touch with Dexter about his studies and progress.
  • Arrange suitable clothing for Angel and follow up on purchasing her if the rental continues to go well.
  • Meet Trent Vincent and Jessika Roberts, the Advocates from Teletus, whom I had not yet met.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Labels: 

No comments:

Post a Comment