Saturday, October 3, 2026

Seasonings, New Neighbors, and a Sleepy Tavern Night

Location(s)

Turmus, Nile River — morning gathering with Carola Aromata Titus (charlottefrees), Kaellaed Rhode, and Elena (elaine.jewell); the seating area outside the tavern during Tavern Night.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

This morning I joined Kaellaed Rhode, Carola Aromata Titus (charlottefrees), and Elena (elaine.jewell). Elena remembered my guiding her through the darkness to the inn and thanked me. It was a pleasure to see her again in the daylight. She seemed glad to have company after her lonely travels, though she soon excused herself to return to the inn and rest.

Carola offered to help me choose seasonings for our meals. I was not sure what my girl would be cooking, so I said I would leave the choice to her. Kaellaed had rather more definite ideas about verr ribs, loin, and suls, and the conversation became quite a discussion of herbs, garlic, onions, and cooking over a fire. I admitted that I hoped my girl could cook, as I do not care to do it myself. Kaellaed said he could cook, which brought a little amusement from Carola.

Elena asked whether she ought to be wearing a veil. Kaellaed reassured her about her clothing, and Carola explained her understanding of the city's expectations for free women: veiling was recommended for women of the High Castes, with proper covering and hair worn up and off the neck expected. The conversation also turned to the new people arriving in Turmus. Carola mentioned a hairdresser and another artist, and Kaellaed reminded me that a growing city could mean more students.

Carola asked whether I knew of an outdoor place for education that Cassian Leoric (corinthofgor) had built. I did not give her an answer during our conversation, so that is something I need to look into.

We spoke a little about companionship as well. Carola said she was happy as she was, though she would welcome the consideration of a wealthy merchant. I thought it a sensible way to look at things: good either way. Kaellaed joked about being accustomed to his own habits. Carola then left to prepare for an afternoon meeting.

In the evening I joined the gathering outside the tavern for Tavern Night, hosted by Aries Marchese (d3athmak3r3), with Jay Sparrowtree providing the music. I greeted Selia (violet325), Ubara, and Carola. TobyDarrow arrived with his girls, and Kaellaed was there as well. The dancing and conversation kept the tavern busy while the women sat outside.

The Ubara told us she had ordered the old tables removed to make the seating more comfortable. Carola was pleased with the cushion on her seat. Nearby, Ella De Wren Bade (elladewren) and Nadia (nadiastorm) talked about shopping and Nadia's beauty salon and spa. It was another reminder of the businesses and people making their places in Turmus.

By then I was very tired. I said it had been a long day and that I ought to get some sleep. My head began to nod, and I actually drifted off sitting there. After waking with a jerk, I joked that I had better go to bed before the table left an imprint on my forehead. I wished the Ubara and the ladies good night and took my leave.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Meeting Summaries

Morning conversation — approximately 8:35–9:32 a.m. SLT
I spoke with Kaellaed Rhode, Carola Aromata Titus (charlottefrees), and Elena (elaine.jewell). Topics included cooking and seasonings, Elena's questions about clothing customs, new arrivals in Turmus, companionship, and an outdoor teaching area reportedly built by Cassian Leoric (corinthofgor). This was an informal gathering; no formal decisions or assignments were recorded.

Tavern Night — my visit approximately 5:44–6:07 p.m. SLT
I sat with the women outside the tavern during the event hosted by Aries Marchese (d3athmak3r3), with music from Jay Sparrowtree. Selia (violet325), Ubara, described the changes to the seating. I left early to rest. No formal legal or caste meeting was recorded during my visit.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

To Dos / Follow-up

  • Ask Cassian Leoric (corinthofgor) where the outdoor teaching area is and learn how it is intended to be used. Let Carola Aromata Titus (charlottefrees) know what I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment