Thursday, April 16, 2026

Settling and Securing

Journal Entry: April 16, 2026 Location: City of Lara / The Shadows Title: Settling and Securing

Today felt like a turning point in our adjustment to the new region. While the transition from the Fjord to Lara has been marked by technical hitches and the typical frustrations of finding our footing, we are beginning to establish a sense of territory. Father is, as always, protective and assertive, ensuring that our presence is noted and that those around us understand our standing. I am finding comfort in his strength; knowing that he is watching over our affairs, especially when navigating the politics of new cities, is a tremendous weight off my mind.

I had a productive meeting with Masamune Sanada, the city administrator, to discuss the transition of the College to my oversight. It is a relief to have his approval—formalizing my role here ensures that the academic work can continue without the disruption I faced at Ar's Station. I also spent time with Izzy, assessing potential housing and ensuring our living arrangements meet our needs for both comfort and security. We have found a place that offers a better view and a more private setting, which is exactly what I need to focus on my teaching and my own quiet recovery.

The social and cultural landscape here is proving to be a mixture of the familiar and the foreign. I am mindful of the standard of conduct expected, and Father’s presence ensures that those who might otherwise be inclined to test our boundaries are reminded of the cost of doing so. It is a harsh way to ensure peace, but in our world, it is often the only one that truly holds.

To Do:

  • Finalize the transition of the College of Lara paperwork and ensure the curriculum is ready for students.

  • Organize the new housing and settle on the final furniture arrangements; a comfortable environment is key to feeling truly "home."

  • Continue cataloging the Academy's library; keeping the records clean is the best way to maintain professional standards.

  • Ensure the begonias are acclimated to the new living space; they seem resilient, which is a good sign for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment