Sunday, May 17, 2026

Quiet Rhythms and Observations

 Journal Entry: 2026-05-17 Location: Olni Var / Summer Sun Mood/Title: Quiet Rhythms and Observations

Today was far more subdued than the chaos of yesterday, and frankly, that is a relief. My morning began early with the quiet satisfaction of checking my notes and ensuring everything in my space was properly ordered. I spent a good portion of the day in conversation with Father and Izzy, processing the recent drama with Talis and the nonsensical behavior of those who masquerade as Goreans while lacking any real understanding of the code. It is exhausting to watch, but as Father says, there is no sense in allowing their "Disney" version of this world to dictate our actions. We know who we are, and we know our strength.

I also took time to look back on my time in Fina and the lessons I learned there. It is a world away, and while the people change, the struggle to maintain one’s own path against a tide of mediocrity remains the same. I am beginning to appreciate the solitude of the house in Olni Var; it is a space where I can work, study, and think without the interference of those who wouldn't know true Gorean honor if it were handed to them on a platter. I am finding that my best work—and my best moments—are those spent in the company of those who understand that steel is not just a tool, but a standard.

To Do:

  • [ ] Continue the meticulous documentation of my Magistrate records; I need these to be flawless for the next time I am called upon to act.

  • [ ] Prepare the curriculum for the "Voice of Sadar" session; the Initiates and Priest-Kings are deep subjects that require a respectful and informed approach.

  • [ ] Keep my own counsel regarding the broader political situation in Talis; there is no advantage in showing our hand until we are ready to move.

  • [ ] Maintain the household, and ensure that those in my care understand that there is no room for laziness or "princess" behaviors in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment