Wednesday, May 27, 2026

The Gathering Storm

 Journal Entry: 2026-05-27 Location: Olni Var Mood/Title: The Gathering Storm

Tonight was dominated by the hum of activity surrounding the approach of "The Thing." While the city walls of Olni remain relatively calm, the air is thick with anticipation and the movements of various fleets and delegations. It is clear that while many are caught up in the spectacle—the music, the contests, the restlessness—those of us who understand the true stakes see it for what it is: a convergence of forces, both honorable and otherwise. My own household remains a point of relative stability in this chaos. My new slave girl is beginning to find her footing, and the organizational work I’ve put into my office is paying off; I have the records I need to navigate the political currents here, regardless of what the coming days bring.

The conversations today, particularly with Father and his associates, highlighted the stark divide between those who live by the steel and the Code, and those who prefer the comforts of "Disney" roleplay and the safety of bureaucratic bans. I am increasingly convinced that Olni is a testing ground. It is not necessarily my final destination, but it is a place where one’s mettle is tested, and where the lines between true Goreans and those playing at it are drawn with brutal clarity. I am ready for the summit, the travel, and the inevitable shifts in power that follow such gatherings. Let the ships drift North; we are prepared for the tide.

To Do:

  • [ ] Review the "Voice of Sadar" course materials one final time before the next session; I intend for my students to walk away with a genuine understanding of the Sardar’s silence.

  • [ ] Maintain a constant, watchful eye on the house and its inhabitants. In these times, a moment of complacency is the same as an invitation to disaster.

  • [ ] Prepare for the possibility of travel, should Father decide that our presence is required elsewhere as the Thing unfolds.

  • [ ] Secure my records. The knowledge I have gathered is mine, and I will ensure it remains protected from the petty squabbles of the local administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment