Monday, August 24, 2026

Black Wine and the Hairpin Toss

August 24, 2026

Locations: Turmus and Olni

My morning began in Turmus, where I joined Carola for conversation and much-needed black wine. Carola asked whether I had considered an activity for the Free Women during the next festival.

I first suggested throwing darts to pop balloons, then remembered how one of my girls once enjoyed practicing by throwing hairpins. From that came a simple name for the activity: The Hairpin Toss.

Carola seemed to like the idea and gave me an item bearing that name. It may prove to be an entertaining festival activity for the Free Women, provided we determine the rules and arrange a suitable place to hold it.

Later that morning, I received a blank Turmus Incident Report form and the accompanying notecard giver. During the afternoon, I left Nile River and traveled to Olni Var.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

To Dos

  • Examine the item Carola gave me for The Hairpin Toss.
  • Decide whether the activity will use hairpins, darts and balloons, or a safer substitute.
  • Develop the rules, scoring, and prizes for the festival activity.
  • Test the game before the next festival.
  • Review the Turmus Incident Report form and notecard giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment