Locations: Turmus, Nile River — Odette’s Tea Room, the Educational Hall, the bakery, the city jail, House of Lupus Lacum, and my home.
Labels: Journal Entry, Lady Kati Evans, September 2026.
I began my morning at Odette’s Tea Room, where she was already deep in conversation with Lady Gajane about a possible working arrangement. I asked for my morning blackwine and settled in to listen. Odette prepared it with verr milk and a little sugar, and I teased her softly about what it might say about her tea if she needed a healer working in the Tea Room.
Gajane’s name sounded familiar. I remembered meeting her in Selnar when we were caught in a dreadful rain, and she remembered the weather as well. It was pleasant to recognize someone, though the conversation around us was less comfortable.
The two women were trying to agree on wages, hours, clothing, and the terms under which Gajane would serve. Gajane explained that she needed the copper and worried about the limits of the arrangement. Odette offered two copper per ahn, tips, a uniform and sandals, drinks, and a limited number of pastries. Gajane proposed a higher rate and questioned how obedience and a collar would affect her freedom during the working period.
I listened, but admitted that I did not understand all the back and forth. Gajane eventually agreed that Odette could seek Blue Caste approval and have a contract drawn up. Before leaving for her ship, she thanked Odette for the opportunity, although she still seemed uneasy. The terms needed to be clearly written rather than left to different understandings.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
Kael joined us, and I asked how his move back to Turmus was going. He said Lady Selia had welcomed him back to the Home Stone and caste. I was glad to hear it. He was settling into a house and already expected my help with decorating.
Draven greeted us briefly before moving on. Later, Ragnar Bloodaxe arrived and introduced himself as a Slaver of Turmus. When I mentioned that I had lived here for three months, he spoke as though I were quite new to Gor. Kael promptly explained that my experience and teaching reached much farther back than my time in this city.
I told Ragnar that I was still looking for a well-trained girl for my house. I wanted someone with a good head on her shoulders, someone who could think and attend to her work without needing me to tell her every next step. I do not have time to spend the day chasing after someone and checking whether she is still on task.
Kael emphasized loyalty and attentiveness. Ragnar suggested looking at the girls available for lease and also mentioned a thrall, though the request remained for a girl. When he asked whether my school needed a whip or a lock, I was puzzled. My school is open to all, and I could see no reason it would need either.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
Later in the morning, ThunderBolt apologized for missing my classes. I explained that I had been recovering from minor surgery and had not been able to teach. Classes would begin again on Tuesday, and the notices were posted on the wall in the Educational Hall.
He said he enjoyed my classes and hoped to attend. I told him that the lessons displayed were only a small part of what I had planned, with more classes extending into next year. It felt good to speak about teaching again and to know that someone was looking forward to returning.
We also laughed about coffee, late nights, and the difficulties of being on opposite sides of the world. It was already very late where he lived, but he was waiting for his cat to return before going to bed. We agreed that cats generally believe they own us rather than the other way around.
I spent part of the day attending to practical details, including the coinbag for the Hall. Later, I settled at the bakery with my scrolls while conversations carried on nearby.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
I placed my written rental request for Leena and Angel in the mailbox. I also withdrew ten silver and sixty-three copper from the bank.
When I encountered Toby Darrow, I asked whether he was one of the new slavers. He explained that he had served in Turmus before and had recently returned. I handed him a copy of the scroll I had left in the mailbox, but Second Life was giving him trouble. He needed to relog and said he would follow up with me.
Nearby, several girls were gathered around the jailed panther, Sabrina. The exchange had become a stream of taunts and insults. I told the girls to stop hanging about, return to their work, and leave the captive alone. When Amalia remained close to the cage while polishing, I directed her to another spot.
Aries arrived to see the prisoner. I explained that I had just sent the girls away because they had been picking on her. He invited me to join him while he looked into her situation.
In the conversation that followed, Sabrina openly described taking food, medicine, and jewelry from the city. Aries identified himself as a magistrate and said her admissions made the matter straightforward. I observed that she certainly was not denying it. The gathering grew as Blue, Aysha, Ragnar, Ubara Selia, and others appeared. I was present for parts of the discussion, but the decisions concerning the captive belonged to Aries and the city’s authorities.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
In the afternoon, I spoke briefly with Lilith Koskinen-Ryu. I asked whether she was one of the new scribes here, and she explained that she was the Head of the Scribes in Teletus and was visiting rather than moving to Turmus. I wished her well wherever she chose to make her home.
A bell was ringing, so I excused myself and checked whether assistance was still needed. Blue told me someone had already answered his request.
Angel Wolfe was nearby, and I brought her into the Educational Hall. I told her that I hoped to rent her for a week so that I could get to know her. That led to an unexpected clarification: she belonged to Jake Wolfe at the private House of Lupus Lacum, rather than the city kennels. There appeared to be another girl named Angel on the kennel board.
I had mistaken one Angel for another.
She told me where her owner’s house was and offered to show me. I followed her there, grateful to finally know the location of the new slave house.
At the entrance, Aries was delivering the panther whom he said had been enslaved for theft and was to be branded accordingly. Angel identified herself as the first girl, Beauty, and took responsibility for bringing the captive inside. I continued my own inquiry about a trained tower girl.
Angel told me that Brianna was available and handed me her biography scroll. When Brianna appeared, I recognized her immediately. She recognized me as well.
This was a girl I had owned before, and I was delighted to see her again.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
Brianna led me into the sitting area and prepared tea with a little milk while I waited for Jake. When he joined us, I explained that she had once been mine and that I would be very pleased to have her back.
I handed over my old papers, though I initially passed him the wrong document. Jake examined the records and questioned the dates and sequence of ownership. I could not recall every detail clearly enough to explain it all at once.
Brianna supplied more of the history. She said Kaleen Merrymont had bought her from me, and that Audrey Malone had later owned and abandoned her. Jake acknowledged that the papers showed my former ownership, but explained that subsequent events had brought Brianna into his ownership.
I made it clear that I was not denying that she was his. I was asking whether we could arrange for me to have her again, and I wanted everything done legally.
Jake explained that his house required a rental before a sale. In consideration of our history, he offered a seven-day rental for fifteen copper rather than his usual minimum of fifteen days. The rental fee would be non-refundable. After the seven days, a sale could be conducted for the agreed price of one silver.
I accepted the arrangement.
Jake prepared the contract, signed it, and applied his seal. I read it, signed and sealed it, and slid the coins across his desk. He accepted the payment and confirmed that our rental business was concluded.
Brianna was coming home with me for the week. The purchase would come later, after the rental and the necessary paperwork.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
I showed Brianna the Educational Hall and then brought her to my home. I told her I would add a bed in the bedroom and encouraged her to look around. She had a real-life meeting that evening, so I dismissed her to attend it.
Later, I found Odette writing a note to Jessika about the arrangement with Gajane. She said the contract would include Gajane’s requested terms without requiring her to give up her free status. She had even had the material translated into German. I reminded her to make sure everything was in writing and wished her well with Jessika’s help.
I also told her about finding one of my former girls and renting her for the week. Odette recognized what a pleasant surprise that must have been. I was still excited about it.
Kael and I then looked at his place. He set his home there, and we spoke about being neighbors. He praised Trygg’s work, but naturally returned to the subject of my helping with the decorating.
At my house, I told him more about Brianna. I had owned her back in May and had not really wanted to let her go. I also explained that my separate request to Nick remained open. Nick had told me I needed to speak with the two girls myself first, so I was still watching for Leena and the Angel named in that request.
When Brianna returned, she joined us. Kael asked whether she could read and write and whether she could help with my teaching. She answered that she could read, write, do mathematics, and support my work. That was encouraging to hear.
I had put a basket with a cushion upstairs for her to sleep in. It was not the old one she remembered, which I had not yet found, but it would give her a place to rest while I continued looking.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
Before Kael left, we spoke about my meeting with Kelli the following morning. He suggested a rather long title involving being a magistrate at large and a senior teacher. I told him it was too much of a mouthful. Nothing had been settled; the meeting would be about my position in the city.
I explained tomorrow’s schedule to Brianna: Kelli at seven in the morning SLT, followed by classes at noon and four. It would be a busier day.
I also told her I would be teaching here rather than continuing in Olni, where attendance had been very poor. My attention was turning toward the work I could do in Turmus.
Our quieter conversation included her time zone, her former owner’s death, and adjustments to her appearance. I offered my sympathy when I saw how much her late owner had meant to her. I wanted her to feel comfortable in her own skin as well as comfortable in the house.
There were still small household things to sort out, including a chair whose placement could wait until morning. By then it was very late for me in Florida, and I needed to prepare for bed.
I told Brianna that it was nice to have her back. After a day of inquiries, confusion over names, old paperwork, and new arrangements, that was the part I was happiest to carry into the night.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
Meeting Summaries
Tea Room Contract Discussion
Time: Approximately 6:19–7:21 a.m. SLT.
Location: Odette’s Tea Room, Turmus.
Attendees: Odette Atheria, Lady Gajane, and Lady Kati Evans; Kaellaed Rhode joined later.
Summary: Odette and Gajane discussed wages and conditions for work in the Tea Room. Gajane expressed concerns about freedom, obedience, and the contract’s limits. Odette planned to obtain a written contract and Blue Caste approval. Kati listened and recognized Gajane from Selnar. No finished contract was recorded.
Return to Classes
Time: Approximately 9:33–10 a.m. SLT.
Location: Educational Hall, Turmus.
Attendees: Lady Kati Evans and ThunderBolt Kanto.
Summary: Kati explained her absence during surgical recovery and confirmed that classes would resume Tuesday. ThunderBolt expressed appreciation for her teaching and hoped to attend. Kati directed him to the posted class notices.
Rental Request and Jail-Side Discussion
Time: Approximately 1:05–2:43 p.m. SLT, with conversations occurring at different points.
Attendees: Lady Kati Evans, Toby Darrow, Aries Marchese, Sabrina (yummycake), and various bystanders.
Summary: Kati deposited the rental request for Leena and Angel and gave Toby a copy. Toby’s technical difficulties interrupted follow-up. Kati stopped the girls’ taunting of the jailed panther. Aries questioned the captive, who admitted taking goods from the city. Kati did not issue a ruling.
Angel’s Identity and Visit to House of Lupus Lacum
Time: Approximately 3:27–4:08 p.m. SLT.
Attendees: Lady Kati Evans, Angel Wolfe/Beauty, Brianna Malone, and Aries Marchese for part of the visit.
Summary: Angel clarified that she belonged to Jake Wolfe’s private slave house and was apparently a different Angel from the city kennel listing. She led Kati to House of Lupus Lacum, where Kati recognized Brianna and asked about obtaining her.
Brianna’s Rental Agreement
Time: Approximately 4:10–5:35 p.m. SLT.
Location: House of Lupus Lacum, Turmus.
Attendees: Lady Kati Evans, Jake Wolfe, and Brianna Malone; Beauty assisted during the visit.
Summary: Jake reviewed Kati’s earlier ownership papers and discussed subsequent ownership with Brianna. Kati accepted a seven-day rental for fifteen copper, non-refundable, with a possible sale afterward for one silver. The rental contract was signed, sealed, and paid. No completed purchase was recorded.
Household Orientation and Tomorrow’s Plans
Time: Approximately 5:37–8:39 p.m. SLT, with a break for Brianna’s real-life meeting.
Location: Educational Hall and Kati’s home, Turmus.
Attendees: Lady Kati Evans, Brianna Malone, and Kaellaed Rhode for part of the evening.
Summary: Kati showed Brianna the Hall and her home, arranged sleeping space, and discussed her abilities to support teaching. Kati confirmed her September 29 meeting with Kelli at 7 a.m. SLT and classes at noon and 4 p.m. SLT. Proposed titles were informal suggestions, with her city role still awaiting discussion.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
To-Do List
- Meet with Kelli on Tuesday, September 29, at 7 a.m. SLT about my position in Turmus.
- Teach Tuesday’s classes at noon and 4 p.m. SLT; prepare Brianna for helping at the Hall.
- Keep the signed rental contract and receipt of the fifteen-copper payment with my records.
- Follow up with Jake after the seven-day rental about purchasing Brianna for the agreed one silver, if the arrangement continues as planned.
- Preserve the earlier ownership documents and clarify their sequence if needed for future paperwork.
- Finish showing Brianna where supplies are kept and explain household and teaching duties.
- Find her former sleeping basket or finish arranging suitable sleeping space upstairs.
- Speak with Leena and the Angel listed at the city kennels, as Nick requested; confirm Angel’s identity before proceeding.
- Follow up with Toby or Nick about the rental-request scroll.
- Check on Odette’s progress with Jessika and the written agreement for Gajane.
- Help Kael decorate his home when time allows.
- Reconsider the chair’s placement in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment