Friday, October 9, 2026

Ink Comes Home, Legal Work, and Time with Friends

Locations: City Slave House and surrounding streets; my home; Magistrate’s Office and Scribe Hall, Turmus; Tea Room; Earth-side shops and homes, including my Linden home and the homes of Aries and Uli.

Times: Early morning through approximately 7:12 p.m. SLT.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

JOURNAL ENTRY

The day began early with greetings to Toby and Adria. Toby told me that he has been trying to attend one of my classes, though other demands have kept him busy. I hope he will be able to join us soon.

Kaellaed visited in the morning, and I was glad to see him. He confirmed that he was settled into his Ambassador’s office. I still had a few matters to sort out in my own work, particularly the filing cabinet, forms, and access to the cells. We also talked about the girls available at the kennels and the importance of finding someone who would fit comfortably into the household. I had collected their notecards to review. We arranged to see each other again at 7 p.m. SLT.

Later, I met Gaius Serenus of Ar, a traveling Scribe waiting for an interview with Kelli. His father had encouraged him to travel and learn before settling. I told him about Turmus and the preparations for our River Festival. His particular interest is the exchange of information between cities and the study of Merchant law. Having served as a Magistrate for many years, I found the subject interesting. He said that the differences he had encountered were smaller than rumors had led him to expect. I wished him well with his interview, and he expressed a hope that we might speak over tea another time.

When Angel joined me, I asked her to let Nicholas know whether she wished to become mine. She responded warmly and said she would like that. We both recognized that we are still getting to know one another, but that we have made a good beginning.

I found Nicholas later that morning and completed the purchase. He prepared and sealed the bill of sale, and when I asked for Angel’s physician examination papers, he retrieved them and attached them. He reminded me that the bill of sale must be taken to a Scribe for the ownership documentation. He also gave me the key to her city collar and asked that both collar and key be returned. I told him I would return them as soon as possible, expecting Monday because of her real-life commitments.

I thanked Nicholas for my new girl and told him that her name would be Ink. It is a name suited to the work she will share with me, and I look forward to having more time together.

The day also included work with incident-report forms and records. I obtained forms, worked with the filing arrangements, and continued preparing the summaries and review notes for two incident reports. Both reports were given to Magistrate Aries. My part was to organize the information and note matters for review; the decisions belong to the Magistrates.

At the Magistrate’s Office, I greeted Aries and Jessika while they were discussing matters for her reporting and the coming trial. Aries acknowledged my note about the paperwork I needed, and I received the sealed slave registration for Angel and myself.

I listened while Aries described the capture and enslavement of a Panther girl, referring Jessika to the private Lupus Lacum slave house for her present status. Jessika also asked about the trial scheduled for the following morning. There was uncertainty between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. SLT, so she planned to seek confirmation from Kelli or Trent.

The records bookcase continued to refuse me access, even though it had been identified as the place where the files should go. Aries gave me a revised forms package, but the filing permissions still needed attention.

In the afternoon, I enjoyed a break on the Earth side. Altos helped me look at clothing, though the shop we visited was not quite what I wanted. Later, I showed Aries my Victorian Linden home and the screened porch I had added. We then visited his home and Uli’s next door. Their homes were spacious and inviting, with many pleasant places to sit and read.

Uli offered to put a working television at my home. We also talked about clothing shops, decorating, mirrors, and the occasional frustrations of crossing regions. It was good to spend time with friends away from the demands of Turmus. I thanked them for showing me their homes before returning to my shopping.

Later, I joined part of Nicholas’s impromptu lesson at the Slave House. He spoke about Gorean religion, celebrations, ceremonies, myths, and customs. I wished I had heard the beginning, as I found the discussion very interesting. I asked him to let me know when he teaches so that I can help Ink receive the information. He said he would announce classes in Turmus chat when time and a sufficient gathering allowed.

Afterward, I stopped at the Tea Room and greeted Seònai. Tay was not on duty but kindly brought me tea with a little milk. It was just what I wanted, and I enjoyed sitting quietly while the conversation continued. I do like that shop.

Kaellaed came by again at the agreed hour. I told him that Angel was now mine and that Ink was her new name. We also spoke briefly about the incident reports, and I explained again that I prepare the supporting review rather than make the decisions. He was tired, so our visit was short, and we hoped to see each other in the morning. It had been a good day, with work accomplished and a new beginning for Ink and me.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

MEETING SUMMARIES

Gaius Serenus — approximately 7:13–7:45 a.m. SLT

Gaius, a traveling Scribe from Ar, was awaiting an interview with Kelli. We discussed Turmus, the coming River Festival, and his interest in comparing Merchant law between cities. He suggested a future conversation over tea.

Purchase of Angel, renamed Ink — City Slave House, approximately 9:48–10:03 a.m. SLT

Nicholas quoted a purchase price of 2 silver and supplied a sealed bill of sale with physician examination papers attached. The payment notification recorded 2 silver and 50 copper transferred; the conversation did not explain the additional 50 copper. The city collar and key are to be returned. Ink’s sealed registration was received from Aries at approximately 1:40 p.m. SLT.

Magistrate’s Office — approximately 1:17–2:10 p.m. SLT

Aries and Jessika discussed the Panther girl’s case, document seals, and the following morning’s trial. The trial time required confirmation. I received Ink’s sealed registration and revised forms. Access to the designated records bookcase remained unresolved.

Earth-side Visit — approximately 2:18–3:31 p.m. SLT

Aries visited my home, followed by a tour of his and Uli’s homes. Uli offered help installing a working television. We discussed decorating and clothing for the Earth side.

Nicholas’s Lesson — late afternoon, ending around 6:05 p.m. SLT

I attended part of the first lesson in Nicholas’s seventeen-class series. Topics included religion, festivals, ceremonies, oaths, legends, and superstition. He said future impromptu classes would be announced in Turmus chat. I requested information for Ink.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

TO-DOS / FOLLOW-UP

  • Return Ink’s city collar and key to Nicholas, expected Monday, October 12.
  • Keep her bill of sale, physician examination papers, and sealed registration together.
  • Check that the registration reflects the correct owner’s name and records Angel’s new name, Ink.
  • Follow up with Kelli or Aries about records-bookcase access, filing procedures, and any remaining forms or cell-access permissions.
  • Confirm the October 10 trial time with Kelli; this conversation left 8 a.m. versus 10 a.m. SLT unresolved.
  • Watch Turmus chat for Nicholas’s classes and obtain lesson information for Ink, including the beginning I missed.
  • Contact Uli about the working television for my Earth-side home.
  • Continue putting together suitable Earth-side outfits.
  • Arrange another conversation with Gaius if he returns.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱


No comments:

Post a Comment